ZIP and UNZIP for VMS

Foteos Macrides MACRIDES at WFEB2.BITNET
Sat Dec 7 17:31:00 EST 1991

>>FILESERV Commands:
>>
>>    SENDME package       Sends all parts of the specified package.
>>    SENDME package.n     Sends part 'n' of the specified package.
>
>sendME??  I have been using the command SEND, not SENDME.  Maybe that's my
>problem.  I'll try it out tonight and see what comes of it.
>
>Danny Kim   KIM at FLOVAX.LANL.GOV

        The commands can be abbreviated, and I used SEND, so that's not it.  I
have no idea why it doesn't work for you or John Alsobrook (or why William
Graziadei couldn't extract the files from the BACKUP save_set, which I also
had no problem doing).  Maybe I lead a charmed life, though I doesn't seem
that way most of the time.  I wonder if any of you ever vented your frustation
impolitely, or pointless insisted someone is a racist, on a forum Hunter
Goatley reads (he'd know how to cut you off from his fileserver in a way that
would look like a malfunction 8-).

        Be that as it may, I created a ZOO'ed, EMBL-UUEncoded redistribution
of the files, which I've sent to software-sources at genbank.bio.net, as well as
directly to you, John, and William.  I wrote and included an 00READ.ME
(appended here).

                                Fote

 MACRIDES at WFEB2.BITNET     222 Maple Avenue, Shrewsbury, MA 01545

00READ.ME for ZIP_VMS.ZOO:
        The ZIP_VMS package is a ZOO archive of VMS executables for portable
ZIP and UNZIP, and for the utilities ZIPNOTE, ZIPSPLIT and SHIP.  They were
linked under VMS v5.1 with the shared C library, so as to be portable across
that and higher versions of VMS.  The RUNOFF sources ZIP.RNH and UNZIP.RNH for
creating VMS online help library modules also are included.  The seven files
were created by Hunter Goatley from the network distributions of ZIP v1.0 and
UNZIP v4.1, and were obtained from his fileserver as described in his posting
to INFO-VAX: