Problems with sequence alignment program

Wed Jan 23 07:13:15 EST 1991

	I recently ported to my unix box and to a VAX the sequence
alignment program called align, found in align.ARC in Don Gilbert's
great IuBio archive. Unfortunately, on both machines when I run the
program the alignment output for 2 protein sequences contained in 2
input files always consists of both sequences listed one after the other
- as though each is part of an alignment to a sequence whose length is
the sum of the 2 input sequence lengths.
ie ---------SEQUENCE2
Did anyone else who might have installed this programme have the same
trouble, or have I made some silly error?	Thanks,
					Paul Fisher(micprf at