MOPAC problem with multiprocessor Fortran

doelz at doelz at
Thu Jan 31 04:36:37 EST 1991

following a post from USENET, I obtained MOPAC (semi-empirical
quantum chemistry application) Version 6.0 from [] and tried to
compile it on a SGI 4D/320GTX running PFA and IRIX 3.3.2.

I get a compiler warning with O2 without pfa as follows:
f77 -O2  -p -static -c deri2.f
uopt: Warning: harmless compiler bug detected (LDA length 0); please report
	to MIPS

Well. This didnt hurt. It runs, with a great performance, and produces
correct output.

I get WARNINGS  while trying to compile it with PFA and -mp for multiple
processors, because there are two statements:

C$DOIT   with several argumets

If I edit them out, the warnings disappear. Other multiprocessor
directives were not found. However, compiling the code is ok, and the linking
(after -O2 -pfa keep  -p -static  -mp -mp_keep -v) FAILS with the message:

modl [/convex_tmp/mopac] % make
*** Error code 1

Has anyone seen this behaviour or is there any workaround known ?

    Dr. Reinhard Doelz            *     EAN     doelz at
      Biocomputing                *     DECNET  48130::doelz
Biozentrum der Universitaet       *     X25     psi%46211142::embnet
   Klingelbergstrasse 70          *     FAX     x41 61 256760
     CH 4056 Basel                *     TEL     x41 61 253880 ext 888