Problems with sequence alignment program

Don Gilbert gilbertd at
Wed Jan 23 10:42:32 EST 1991

In article <4981 at> MICPRF at writes:
>	I recently ported to my unix box and to a VAX the sequence
>alignment program called align, found in align.ARC in Don Gilbert's
>great IuBio archive. Unfortunately, on both machines when I run the
>program the alignment output for 2 protein sequences contained in 2
>input files always consists of both sequences listed one after the other

I don't use this align program myself, but have gotten it to work, at
least on simple dna sequences.  I had to fiddle with it a bit.  You might
want to try my revision, which runs on Iubio VMS Vax.  See align1.arc
in directory [archive.molbio.align] on
-- Don

Don Gilbert    gilbertd at