Lab Stock Systems (software / hardware)

clark at mshri.utoronto.ca clark at mshri.utoronto.ca
Mon Jan 14 11:12:55 EST 1991

/Does anyone have experience of Lab Stock software to keep track of a large
/number of samples, locations and COSHH info. The addresses  of the sources of
/such software either purchased or from shareware would be appreciated. It can
/run on either VAX, PC or IBM mainframe. Any comments on the experience of using
/a bar coded sample stock system would be appreciated.

	The Biotechnology Lab at the University of British Columbia has
developed a database application for keeping track of lab stock that runs
on pc's and uses bar code readers. I heard that they are thinking about
making it available to other institutions, but I don't know under what
conditions. I don't have an email address, but if you're interested, get in
touch with me and I can send you a phone number.

Steve Clark

clark at mshri.utoronto.ca  (Internet)
clark at utoroci            (Netnorth/Bitnet)