free Mac graphics software wanted

Don Gilbert gilbertd at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Tue Jul 23 07:35:03 EST 1991

In article <541 at nwnexus.WA.COM> farrah at nwnexus.WA.COM (Theresa Farrah) writes:
>I'm looking for some simple Mac software that will draw 3D molecular
>structures given coordinate files (e.g. Brookhaven PDB files).

Ftp to ftp.bio.indiana.edu
user: anonymous
password: your_user_name
ftp> cd chemistry/mac
ftp> dir
aminoacids.hqx         crystaltutor-demo.hqx  macmolecule.readme
atoms.hqx              ctutor.info            moleceditor.hqx
ballnstick-demo.hqx    macformula.hqx         orbitalmixing.hqx
bonding.hqx            macmimic-demo.hqx      periodic.hqx
chemintosh-demo.hqx    macmolecule-15.hqx     spinecho.hqx

--
The macmolecule program is probably your best bet, but you may want to
look at the others.   Get the "readme" file before you cd for more info

P.S., I don't think there is any "simple" software that will draw 3D molecular
structures -- it takes a very skilled, smart programmer much time to write
such.

Don Gilbert                                     gilbert at bio.indiana.edu