help with pc gene analysis

frist at ccu.umanitoba.ca frist at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Fri Jul 26 16:07:44 EST 1991

In article <9107261824.AA14142 at UU.NET> sandy at nmr1.UUCP (Sandy Silverman) writes:
>We are interested in supplementing our server based IG suite with a pc
>based DNA/protein analysis program for those of us who need quick, local
>analyses.  Any suggestion for a good one?  Thanks----Sandy

I haven't run this comercial in a while, so here goes. BTW, the FSAP
programs can read 'free format', IG, or GenBank -formatted sequences.

                      F    S    A    P
The Fristensky Sequence Analysis Package (formerly Cornell
Sequence Analysis Package) has proven to be a
versatile, reliable, and highly portable suite of programs for
sequence analysis. At the heart of the package is NUMSEQ, a
sequence manipulation program that provides a large number of
options for presentation of sequence data, as well as
facilitating simulation of operations such as translation,
subcloning and ligation. Restriction search programs predict
fragments and ends from single or multiple, complete or parital
digests, and display linear or circular maps. Rapid matrix
similarity searches perform quantititive comparisons of nucleic
acid and protein sequences. Programs for base/amino acid
composition and ORF analysis are also provided. Programs are
compatible with IUPAC-IUB ambiguity conventions, and can read a
wide variety of sequence file formats.

FTP: /var/spool/ftp/pub/psgendb/fsap.tar.Z   at ccu.umanitoba.ca
                                                (130.179.16.8)

An MS-DOS version is also available in this directory.
See the README file more information.

Brian Fristensky                |
Department of Plant Science     | Freedom begins when you tell Mrs. Grundy
University of Manitoba          | to go fly a kite.
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2  CANADA    |
frist at ccu.umanitoba.ca          |
Office phone:   204-474-6085    |   - Robert A. Heinlein
FAX:            204-275-5128    |