Pgm for drawing molecular structures?

James Hammond jhammo at
Thu Mar 7 20:45:53 EST 1991

Can anyone recommend a good shareware program, available by FTP or otherwise,
for the **two-dimensional** drawing of molecular structures.  This would be
used mainly for publication and display purposes, consequently the program must
output to an HPGL, CGM, or PCX file format (or other standards).

Note that I am not interested in a full featured molecular modelling program.
That would be "over-kill", and most that I have seen only provide 3D models that
are unsuitable for transfer to a 2D medium.

I'm sure that such a program must exist!  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks

    James R. Hammond: Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
                      University of Western Ontario
                      Tel: (519) 661-3780
                      Fax: (519) 661-3797