Boxed alignment program(s)

Peter Rice Peter.Rice%EMBL at PUCC.PRINCETON.EDU
Mon Mar 25 17:17:00 EST 1991

>I'm looking for a program which will allow me to draw boxes around identical
>residues in a multiple seqence alignment.
>Surely some of the alignment programs can do this.  One which will run on a PC
>DOS system is preferable but a MAC would be OK too.  The third option is an IBM
>mainframe running VM/CMS.
>I'd appreciate any information that you can provide, be it the program name or
>an FTP site which holds it.  Thanks.

Well, you did say "any information". I have a program that uses the GCG package
to do this, which means it can run on VAX/VMS and soon probably Unix (when GCG
is converted). Sadly this does not include any of the three system you listed,
but perhaps you have access to others.

                                        Peter Rice

 Peter Rice, EMBL                             | Post: Computer Group
                                              |       European Molecular
 Internet:    Peter.Rice at EMBL-Heidelberg.DE   |            Biology Laboratory
 EARN/Bitnet: rice at embl.bitnet                |       Postfach 10-2209
                                              |       D-6900 Heidelberg
 Phone:   +49-6221-387247                     |       Germany