DNA Sequence Digitizing Software for PC

Oberste oberste at ncifcrf.gov
Tue Nov 26 15:15:51 EST 1991

We have been using the digitizing software that came with Beckman's
MicroGenie package, but now have found that unsatisfactory. (MicroGenie is
hostile to our Novell network and just generally a pain to use). What are other
people using to digitize DNA sequences from autorads into computer readable
form? We use UWGCG on a VAX for analysis, so we only need entry software to
run on our MS-DOS PCs. The ideal system would be public domain with source
so we could modify if needed, but we would like to know about commercial
packages as well. Please E-mail responses and I will summarize to the net.
Thanks a bunch.

-steve
Steve Oberste                            Internet: oberste at ncifcrf.gov
LCMS, PRI, NCI-FCRDC
PO Box B                            "Only 2 things are truly universal:
Frederick, Maryland 21702-1201             Hydrogen and Stupidity"