Prograph/Seqaid

CZJ at CU.NIH.GOV CZJ at CU.NIH.GOV
Sat Nov 2 20:28:34 EST 1991

Someone recently posted a message regarding Kay Hofmann's prograph
program.  I pulled it up and it is great for determining anything
about a protein sequence which depends on the properties of
individual amino acids.  It is very user friendly, flexible, and
fun to use.  It requires a graphics board, EGA, VGA or hercules,
and mouse.  I first tried it in the office and ran home and bought
a mouse for my home computer so I could run it there.

This program together with Don Roufa's Seqaid program, also
available from the embl file server make for a powerful software
package for not a lot of money (free).  When you combine these with
the search and retrieval service now offered by the International
Nucleotide Sequence databases (GenBank/EMBL/DDBJ) and PIR
International you have a powerful combination.

Jim Cassatt