SAIL and MLAB

Orville R. Weyrich orville at weyrich.UUCP
Wed Nov 20 01:16:45 EST 1991

Hello net --

I number of years back, when I was working on my Ph.D., I came across
some literature on a statistical analysis and modeling package called
MLAB.  As I recall, it was implemented in SAIL (Stanford Artificial
Intelligence Language), and ran on the DEC-10.

At the time I thought it had some pretty neat  features, but my local
computer didn't support SAIL, so I forgot about it.

Until now. I have come across an application that could use MLAB, and
so I wonder several things:

QUESTION 1:
	Where can I get MLAB and/or SAIL?

QUESTION 2:
	Has MLAB or SAIL been ported to other environments and/or
	implementation languages?

Any help would be appreciated. E-mail is preferred, and I will post a
summary if there is any interest.

Thanks in advance,

Orville

Orville R. Weyrich, Jr., Ph.D.                   Certified Systems Professional
Internet: orville%weyrich at uunet.uu.net             Weyrich Computer Consulting
Voice:    (602) 391-0821                         POB 5782, Scottsdale, AZ 85261
Fax:      (602) 661-0660                              (Yes! I'm available)