DOS program MARKER.UUE

Dan Davison Davison at UH.EDU
Sat Nov 2 23:45:27 EST 1991

Foteos Macrides said:
>         This was also a historic (8-) opportunity to see how the EMBL
> UUEN/DECODEing software fares when the file crosses an Internet -> BITNET
> gateway.

Nope, Rainer Fuchs and the person who designed the EMBL
uuencode/uudecode did it *explicitly* for that problem. I also tested
it when I started the UH Gene-Server.  A crude guess would suggest
that, from my end anyway, it has been tested on the order of 4000
times.

dan
Houston/4800 Calhoun/Houston,TX 77204-5934/davison at uh.edu/DAVISON at UHOU

"If the choice had to be made between saving the lives of lawyers or saving
whales, there is little doubt that the overwhelming majority of Americans
would come down on the side of the whales" Justice Wallach, NY Times 4/3/91

myself.