Alternatives to dissection

WHITE_HAE at CTSTATEU.bitnet WHITE_HAE at CTSTATEU.bitnet
Tue Nov 12 23:07:00 EST 1991

Dear NetHeads,
As part of a curriculum development project to reduce the use of
live and preserved animals in 1st and 2nd year undergraduate bio
courses, we have been looking at software options.
Has anyone investigated/used/rejected any particular product or
platform for this purpose?
Has anyone has experience with products such as "Visi-Frog" or lab
packs distributed by Intellimation?
We are leaning towards simulations rather than tutorials, but any
input would be appreciated. Send responses through the group or
direct to me (WHITE_HAE at CTSTATEU.BITNET).

ALSO.....
Anyone who has had experience with unique software or projects
for freshman botany...please drop me a note. I am rewriting a couple
of lab sessions for general botany, and would appreciate any input
from students, professors, opinionated byteheads, etc.

Regards,
Harry