RS232 Data down from LSCounter

kim at m44.unm.edu kim at m44.unm.edu
Sat Nov 9 15:46:16 EST 1991

Hello group:
  I am thinking about capturing data from a Beckman Liquid Scintillation
Counter (model LS 1801).  I am not familiar with machine-to-machine
communications, and I could use some advice.  Does anyone out there have
experience with this kind of thing?  Better still, has anyone written a simple
program (e.g. in IBM BASIC or BASICA) for capturing the data and writing it to
a disk file?  If the data is in a file in some ordered array, kind of like the
printouts, I can do my own manipulation.
Thanks in advance.

Daniel Kim   KIM at FLOVAX.LANL.GOV