"Silent" restriction sites

Donald A. Lehn donnel at helix.nih.gov
Fri Nov 8 15:04:34 EST 1991

In article <1991Nov8.155818.11334 at murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> wrp at cyclops.micr.Virginia.EDU (Bill Pearson) writes:
/>	I have been asked if a program is available to find "silent"
/>restriction sites, that is, single base changes that can be made in a
/>DNA sequence that introduce a restriction site but do not change the
/>protein coding sequence.
/>
/>	I do not believe that such a program is available in either
/>EUGENE or GCG.
/>
/>	Can someone refer me to one?
/>
/>Bill Pearson
/>

IntelliGenetics PC/GENE program for the PC has this ability.

--
Donald A. Lehn, Ph.D.                      Phone: (301) 496-2885
Bldg.37 Rm 3D20                            FAX:   (301) 496-8419
National Cancer Institute / NIH            Email: donnel at helix.nih.gov
Bethesda MD 20892