Scanners for autorads- responses

Cheung C. Yue ccy at po.CWRU.Edu
Sun Nov 3 18:14:40 EST 1991

In a previous article, djt2 at po.CWRU.Edu (Dennis J. Templeton) says:

>Update on scanners for autorads.
>
>I posted a request for information regarding how to scan x-ray film to
>compose figures for slides and publictations, and while a lot of folks
>wanted to know what I found out, only a few had concrete suggestions.  I
>will post the informative ones here.

We too have been using a Microtek scanner with ImageStudio.  Just this
past week, we received word from Microtek about an upgrade.  For $995
the machine can be retrofitted with a scanning light source which
allows trans-illumination of the image.  It was designed to be used
for scanning transparencies.  According to them, there is a more expensive
upgrade which will allow a greater range of densities to be scanned.
My colleague has sent some autorads to them for testing.  We hope to
find out soon whether a simple $1000 upgrade is enough.  I'll be sure
to post to this group once we find out.

ccy at po.cwru.edu