Wais for Aix/RS6000

Rob Harper Rob.Harper at CONVEX.CSC.FI
Wed Oct 2 01:52:35 EST 1991

*****************************  CLIP from Alt.wais *********************
In article <1991Oct1.165943.5065 at waikato.ac.nz> acv at waikato.ac.nz
(Alistair Veitch, University of Waikato, New Zealand) writes:

>The subject says it all. Has anyone got wais going on an RS6000? I gave it a
>brief go, but don't have enough time to do the job (and why do it if someone
>else has?). I'll post back if anyone tells me they have (or alternatively, if
>I find out noones done it... :-(

I have ported WAIS to our RS/6000 running AIX 3.1.5. I have sent my
changes to the wais-crew for incorporation into future releases.
You may want to contact them first to see if AIX support has been
included in wais-8-b3. Otherwise, we can talk.

-Dennis.
Advanced Network & Services, Inc.    E-Mail: shiao at ans.net
100 Clearbrook Road                  Office: (914) 789-5340
Elmsford, NY 10523