POSTSCRIPT to PICT conversion

Don Gilbert gilbertd at
Wed Oct 9 09:41:36 EST 1991

In article <8630F180A06003BC at FRCGM51.BITNET> BIONET at FRCGM51.BITNET writes:
>        Does anyone know of a program which would produce a MacDraw
>readable file from a Postscript file ?
>        For example, the GCG package provides the possibility of creating
>Postscript output files. We would like to edit them (removing the headers
>and so on) without embarking in Postcript programming. Can this be done ?

There are commercially available postscript previewers on Macintoshes, though
the ones I know of are aimed mainly at Postscript programmers.  You may want
to try my hp2pict hypercard stack.  I wrote it to use with GCG graphics
among others.  Set your GCG program to produce HPGL graphics file, transfer
said file to mac, open it with hp2pict stack and clip/print/save.

Available via anonymous ftp to, directory util/mac as

-- don
Don Gilbert                                     gilbert at