Searching for Palindromes, direct/inverted repeats

Eric E. Snyder eesnyder at boulder.Colorado.EDU
Mon Sep 30 21:02:46 EST 1991

I am looking for a program that will detect palindromes,
inverted or direct repeats in a given DNA sequence.  Does
any one have or know where I could find such a program?

I am interested in detecting such sequences in that might
be involved in site-specific recombination events in
ciliates, FYI, ICYC.

(posting for a friend, smansour at boulder.colorado.edu)
Thanx,

TTGATTGCTAAACACTGGGCGGCGAATCAGGGTTGGGATCTGAACAAAGACGGTCAGATTCAGTTCGTACTGCTG
Eric E. Snyder
Department of MCD Biology              ...making feet for childrens' shoes.
University of Colorado, Boulder
Boulder, Colorado 80309-0347
LeuIleAlaLysHisTrpAlaAlaAsnGlnGlyTrpAspLeuAsnLysAspGlyGlnIleGlnPheValLeuLeu