Tree Drawing

Steven Smith smith at
Sun Sep 15 16:10:41 EST 1991

joe at GENETICS.WASHINGTON.EDU (Joe Felsenstein) writes:

>Another alternative is the newly announced program TreeTool from Steve Smith's
>GDE sequence alignment package, which is in X-windows code for Unix systems.

Actually, we are only redistributing Treetool beta with GDE.  The program runs
just fine on it's own.  The author is Mike Maciukenas (mooch at
.edu), and the program is being done as part of the Ribosomal RNA Database at
the University of Illinois.

Both programs are available via anonymous ftp to

Steve Smith
Harvard Genome Lab