READSEQ, XQS references sought

Don Gilbert gilbertd at
Thu Sep 5 10:55:21 EST 1991

In article <9109051505.AA06174 at> ODONNELL at (CARY O'DONNELL) writes:
>1)  Does anyone know of a published reference to the program READSEQ by
>    Gary Olsen?
>    Alternatively does anyone know his current e-mail address?

The readseq program most people are using was written by me:

  Gilbert, D.G., 1989.  ReadSeq, C and Pascal routines for converting
  among nucleic acid & protein sequence file formats, suitable for
  various computers.  Published electronically on the Internet, available
  via anonymous ftp to

Gary Olsen has written various programs including a multiple sequence
editor for VM-Vax that is available thru the RNA Database Project, e.g.,
  user: anonymous    pass: any
  cd pub/RNAdb
or email to
        Gary Olsen    (gary at

-- Don
Don Gilbert                                     gilbert at