Ambiguous Nucleotide Database Searches

Lee F. Kolakowski lfk at
Mon Sep 9 11:09:40 EST 1991

	Is blast capable of searching genbank using the IUB ambiguous
designations of nucleotides and responding properly

	for example

Or is there other software accessible by an e-mail search server or
for a unix machine which will do this?

The use I am interested in is the design of degenerate PCR primers.

Frank Kolakowski

|lfk at or lfk at or kolakowski at|
| Lee F. Kolakowski                 M.I.T.                            |
| Dept of Chemistry                 Room 18-506                       |
| 77 Massachusetts Ave.             Cambridge, MA 02139               |
| AT&T:  1-617-253-1866             #include <disclaimer.h>           |