Sequence alignment software

Dan Davison Davison at UH.EDU
Fri Sep 27 16:59:29 EST 1991

> In article <1991Sep24.193708.8514 at>, Stuy at writes:
>> I am looking for inexpensive or free DNA/Protein sequence
>> alignment programs for the Macintosh and would appreciate any suggestions.
> There used to be sequence alignment programs in the menudo and iubio servers
> but I have not found them when I looked recently. I am also looking for anon
> ftp sites that have this stuff available

IUBIO should always be considered the first source for any FTP'able
software: I am tight on disk space for the next month or two.

There are alignment programs for the mac on both IUBIO and the
Gene-Server.  Threealign comes immediately to mind:

*    82190 Apr 27 10:32 three.hqx        Align three sequences

I don't have any others.

gene-server manager

Houston/4800 Calhoun/Houston,TX 77204-5934/davison at at UHOU

"If the choice had to be made between saving the lives of lawyers or saving
whales, there is little doubt that the overwhelming majority of Americans
would come down on the side of the whales" Justice Wallach, NY Times 4/3/91