Clustal V: new version of Clustal available.
Des.Higgins at EMBL-HEIDELBERG.DE
Thu Sep 5 04:09:00 EST 1991
Clustal V: software for multiple sequence alignment now available from the
EMBL file server.
The CLUSTAL package of programs for multiple sequence alignment has been
completely rewritten in C and is now available from the EMBL file server.
The package quickly and flexibly aligns large numbers of nucleic acid or
protein sequences. It is completely menu driven and on-line help is
Many new features have been added including:
- improved sequence input (automatically detect and read NBRF/PIR, FASTA and
- a choice of 4 output formats (old Clustal, GCG .msf, NBRF/PIR and Phylip);
- phylogenetic trees after alignment using the Neighbor-Joining method of
Saitou and Nei with a bootstrap option to calculate confidence intervals;
- the ability to align old alignments with each other;
- a full command line interface;
- improved portability; with 1 change to 1 header file, the code will compile
and run on the following systems: IBM PC (Turbo C); VAX/VMS C; Apple Mac
(Think C); Decstation (Ultrix C) and Sun (Gnu C, but not the native Sun C).
To get the package, send a mail message with the following words: "help" and
"help software" on 2 lines with no quotes to the address:
Netserv at EMBL-Heidelberg.DE
If you have any queries regarding the package, please mail Des Higgins at the
address: Higgins at EMBL-Heidelberg.DE
Des Higgins and Rainer Fuchs
EMBL Data Library, Heidelberg, Germany.
More information about the Bio-soft