BinHex and SLIP

Stephen Baird SBAIRD at ACADVM1.UOTTAWA.CA
Thu Apr 30 13:41:21 EST 1992

Dear computer experts,
    I have a couple of technical questions that I need help with.

1)  I  would like to convert a file on my pc to a BinHex format to email
    to a colleague using a Mac. Are there any pc programs to do this?
    I've seen xbin to  do the conversion in the opposite direction.

2)  How does one send commands to their modem using the SLIP8250
    clarkson packet drivers using pc tcp/ip packages? I've tried a
    couple of pc programs that use packet drivers like Qvt/net for
    windows and x-one 386, but I haven't found a way to send modems
    commands to even dial.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

| Stephen Baird                           | tel: (613) 738-3282       |
| Molecular Genetics                      | fax: (613) 738-4833       |
| Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario  | sbaird at acadvm1.uottawa.ca |
| Ottawa, Ontario                         |                           |
| Canada                                  |                           |