IRIX version of GDE

Mon Apr 27 00:59:31 EST 1992

Reinhard Doelz writes, regarding GDE:

|> The GDE is a analysis tool designed primarily for nucleic and amino acid
|> sequence analysis. The GDE currently runs on SUN SparcStations using
|> OpenWindows 2.0 or MIT X11R4.  The programs use an expandable user interface
|> which allows the addition of external analysis functions without any rewriting
|> of code.  Analysis functions can be written in any language ('C',Fortran,
|> Pascal Basic, shell scripts), and can be seamlessly merged into the systems
|> menu/dialog box interface.
|> smith at

> How difficult is it to port this software to Silicon Graphics' IRIX?

> Did anyone try that or do you have such plans yourself? Interested?

> Regards
> Reinhard

   I would also be very interested in an IRIX (4.0.1) version, even to the
extent of helping in the port - when will (or will?) the source be made public?
   Looking forward to it!

Harry Mangalam                                       Vox:(619) 453-4100, x250
Dept of Biocomputing                                       Fax:(619) 552-1546
The Salk Institute                                 mangalam at
10010 N Torrey Pines Rd                            mangalam at
La Jolla CA 92037 				         mangalam at salk.bitnet