primer analysis

twomey at twomey at
Fri Apr 10 13:27:14 EST 1992

In article <9204100649.AA18566 at> jreich at ILLITE.U-STRASBG.FR
>I'm looking for a primer analysis software (commercial or share-)
>for Mac Intosh;
>What could be the best choice
>The purpose is to analyse multiple proteines sequences and get the best
>pair of primers for PCR
>Thaks a lot for spending time on this
>jreich at
>Regards, Jean-Marc
We just bought Oligo 4.0 from National Biosciences(3650 Annapolis Lane,
Plymouth, MN 55447 USA, (800)747-4362.)  We haven't had a chance to use it
much, but it looks impressive, though it is a bit pricey: $800, $640 to
non-profit orgs through 9/30/92.  From their propaganda:

"Oligo will design and select your PCR primers, sequencing primers and
hybridization probes, calculate primer annealing temps, molecular weights,
ug/O.D., pM/O.D., and other useful data.  Oligo, using highly accurate nearest
neighbor thermodynamic algorithms, automatically searches for and selects
optimal PCR primers which are highly specific, free of homooligomer, dimer and
hairpin structure, unique and fall within a user-specified Tm range."

They will send a free demo disk.
Patrick Twomey