*MapMaker

Dan Jacobson danj at WELCHGATE.WELCH.JHU.EDU
Mon Apr 6 15:00:53 EST 1992

Matthew Wiener writes:

>Somebody here is looking for MAPMAKER [1], a program to construct primary
>genetic linkage maps.  The reference says it is available for the asking.
>FTP, e-mail, whatever--the VMS version is preferred to the Unix version.
>
>[1] Eric Lander, Philip Green, Jeff Abrahmason, Aaron Barlow, Mark J Daly,
>Stephen E Lincoln, Lee Newburg, "MAPMAKER: An Interactive Computer Package
>for Constructing Primary Genetic Linkage Maps of Experimental and Natual
>Populations", GENOMICS 1, pp174-181 (1987).
>--
>-Matthew P Wiener (weemba at libra.wistar.upenn.edu)

I found the following information on MapMaker - this was culled from a summary
on linkage software first posted by Steve Thompson and later reposted by myself.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson

danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu

         ********************MapMaker Information********************

From: csb at jax.org (Carolyn Blake)

Mapmaker is available for other 'not fancy' systems as well. We have it running
under UNIX with no fancy graphics capabilities.

You may also wish to contact Dr. Alan Hillyard (alh at morgan.jax.org). He
maintains GBase, a linkage map database of the mouse, and is currently working
on databases of linkage maps for other species.

From: "Gunnell, Mark" <gunnell at fcrfv1.ncifcrf.gov>

We are currently running MapMaker version 1.9 under VMS version 5.4-2, and it
does not require anything beyond standard ascii terminals.  We obtained the
package from:

	MAPMAKER
	Dr. Eric Lander
	Whitehead Institute