*sequence analysis programs for IBM PC

frist at ccu.umanitoba.ca frist at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Fri Apr 3 12:09:07 EST 1992

In article <9204022105.AA04542 at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu> danj at WELCHGATE.WELCH.JHU.EDU (Dan Jacobson) writes:

>Anne Marie Quinn asks:
>
>>Would anyone care to recommend programs for genetic
>>sequence analysis on an IBM PC?  We would like a
... stuff deleted
>For general sequence analysis packages for the IBM-PC
>FSAP and Seqaid come to mind - they will both do restriction
>maps and sequence alignment (of 2 sequences).

Just as a point of information, FSAP does not do sequence alignments. It
DOES do matrix similarity comparisons. FSAP is available for DOS and Unix
by anonymous FTP at  ccu.umanitoba.ca in the directory pub/psgendb. See the
README file in this directory for more information.

>Dan Jacobosn
>
>danj at welchgate.welch.jhu.edu

Brian Fristensky                | I'm carrying the weight of all the useless
Department of Plant Science     | junk a modern man accumulates
University of Manitoba          |
Winnipeg, MB R3T 2N2  CANADA    | I'm a statistic in a system
frist at ccu.umanitoba.ca          | that a civil servant dominates
Office phone:   204-474-6085    |
FAX:            204-261-5732    | Billy Joel - Running on Ice