gene/protein alignments for pub

Dan Jacobson x-8453 danj at WELCHGATE.WELCH.JHU.EDU
Mon Aug 31 17:35:27 EST 1992

Robert Roxby writes:

>If there is a DOS program that makes alignments suitable for
>publication from data files, I would like to know about it.

There is a DOS program which allows you to align sequences
maunually - called esee (EyeBall Sequence Editor) by Eric Cabot.

You can ftp it from ftp.bio.indiana.edu

in the /molbio/ibmpc directory.

There is also a Windows program for automatic alignment of up to
sequences called MACAW, written by Greg Schuler and friends.

You can ftp it from  ncbi.nlm.nih.gov

in the /pub/macaw directory.

Best of luck,

Dan Jacobson