Genbank services?

pathology at mscf.med.upenn.edu pathology at mscf.med.upenn.edu
Wed Aug 19 10:28:55 EST 1992

In article <Aug.18.13.17.22.1992.9650 at genbank.bio.net>, kristoff at genbank.bio.net (David Kristofferson) writes:

> The free dial-up IRX account is the only thing that will disappear.
> NCBI allows IRX-style queries by e-mail, and IG is going to charge for
> interactive IRX access on its timesharing service.

The IRX account is extremely valuable for searching for sequences for which one
does not have exact accession information.  Does the NCBI plan on starting any
interactive searching of sequence data?  I would very much like continuation of
the IRX-type account without having to pay for the IG account (research funds
are very limited, you know).

Gregg Wells
Department of Pathology
University of Pennsylvania