NCBI internet access inquiry

Rob Harper harper at convex.csc.FI
Mon Aug 17 08:22:03 EST 1992

In <1992Aug17.124402.22334 at gserv1.dl.ac.uk> ES at UK.AC.AFRC.JII writes:

>Could anyone provide us with the internet access number of NCBI?
>The address NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV being unknown of our computer address
>database, we can't currently use ftp to that site.

On Unix systems there is a tool called nslookup which you can use
to find out IP numbers if you have the IP address. He is the result.

sun4 /csc/harper 43> nslookup NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV
Server:  venus.csc.fi
Address:  128.214.46.21

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    NCBI.NLM.NIH.GOV
Address:  130.14.20.1

RGDS -=ROB=-
   Rob Harper                     /   E-mail:          harper at convex.csc.fi
   Finnish State Computer Centre  /   Molbio/software: harper at nic.funet.fi
   P.O. Box 40, SF-02101 Espoo    /   Telephone:       +358 0 457 2076
   Finland                        /   Fax:             +358 0 457 2302