Scoring matrices

Gaston Gonnet gonnet at inf.ethz.ch
Fri Aug 14 14:40:19 EST 1992

We are developing techniques for comparing the effectiveness
of various scoring matrices used in conjunction with dynamic
programming (Needleman & Wunsch).  We would really appreciate
receiving (preferably by e-mail) matrices that people have
been using with some success.  Any format is acceptable.

We are particularly interested in the deletion penalties
used in conjunction with these matrices.

Also, if any of you know where a repository of this information
may be, please let us know.

In return we promise to post the result of the analysis of
the methods and a short explanation of the methodology used.

Gaston H. Gonnet, Informatik, ETH, Zurich.