Images

mangalam at SALK-SC2.SDSC.EDU mangalam at SALK-SC2.SDSC.EDU
Thu Aug 13 21:44:27 EST 1992

Bart Man (pun?) or Brent, depending on which part of the message you
believe writes:

>I am looking for an anonymous FTP site that may have color or b&W scanned
>images of MRI, PET or CAT, (or anything remotely similar).  Does anyone
>know of a site?  I heard that NIH had such a site.
>
>please e-mail:  bkronenb at sdcc13.ucsd.edu

   The directories associated with NIH Image, now in its 1.45 incarnation,
have at least one series of MRI data (25 slices, I think).  It can be found
at alw.nih.gov in /pub/image/images(?) or something close.  If you need
others, I can probably dig up at least a few other series.
   And while the fingers are still pliable, here's a LOUD PLUG for NIH
Image, one of the best image analysis programs available (FOR FREE, WITH
SOURCE CODE, WITH A MACRO LANGUAGE, WITH AN ON-LINE AUTHOR, WITH A READABLE
MANUAL).   GNUdos to Wayne Rasband for his work.

Cheers,

Harry

Harry Mangalam                                   Vox:(619) 453-4100, x250
Dept of Biocomputing                                   Fax:(619) 552-1546
The Salk Institute                             mangalam at salk-sc2.sdsc.edu
10010 N Torrey Pines Rd                        mangalam at salk-sgi.sdsc.edu
La Jolla CA 92037                                    mangalam at salk.bitnet