help with consensus sequence

Don Gilbert gilbertd at sunflower.bio.indiana.edu
Tue Aug 11 14:14:35 EST 1992

In article <1992Aug11.175417.29159 at msdrl.com> elliston at msdrl.com (Keith Elliston) writes:
>Thus, I would suggest using a multiple alignment program on some system (I
>don't know of one that runs on the mac and is PD/shareware), and then OPTIMIZE
>the alignment manually.

SeqApp is a free multiple sequence editor+ for the Mac.  I'd rate it
as pretty good for doing hand alignments, and the automatic aligner Clustal V
is a pretty good, free auto-aligner that works on Macs with SeqApp.  SeqApp
still is buggy, but works reasonably well on most macs.

To pick it up, use internet gopher or anon. ftp to ftp.bio.indiana.edu.