Michael Benedik bchs1b at Elroy.UH.EDU
Tue Aug 11 11:15:06 EST 1992

In article <francis.713505766 at monod>, francis at monod.Biol.McGill.CA (Francis Ouellette) writes:
>bchs1b at Elroy.UH.EDU (Michael Benedik) writes:
>[stuff about GCG and Unix asked about]
>>Yes, the port does exist. We actually have it here so I can even confirm
>>positively that it also works. It runs on the Sun and Ultrix flavors of
>>Unix. My understanding is that it does NOT run on anything else. We have
>>it on Sparcstations, which by the way, are getting pretty cheap (until
>>you had the requisite 10 GB of storage).
>10 Gigs?  For how many users is this for?
>| B.F. Francis Ouellette
>| manager, yeast chromosome I project
>| dept of biology, McGill university, Montreal, Qc, Canada
>| francis at monod.biol.mcgill.ca

I was being slightly facetious but I now realize that was out of place
because someone might have taken me seriously. I apoligize. We actually
have about 2 Gigs most of which is used, but our setup may not be standard.
I think 1 gig is minimum if you want the databases on disk (for now) the
disk requirement is of course rapidly increasing with time.

	 Michael Benedik
	 Department of Biochemical and Biophysical Sciences
	 University of Houston
	 INTERNET: Benedik at UH.EDU	BITNET: Benedik at UHOU