PC Internet Connection & Gopher

BIOPHYS at UK.AC.IMPERIAL.PHYSICS.VAX1 BIOPHYS at UK.AC.IMPERIAL.PHYSICS.VAX1
Tue Aug 11 09:27:00 EST 1992

Dear NetFolk,

Lots of people have been very helpful with their responses to

Subject: Recommended seq analysis software

One of the interesting options was using internet ie. using the microcomputer
as a dumb terminal to tap the power of free servers across the globe.

Problem:  How do you get a PC internet connection?

At the moment we have to log into our VAX, then log into a DEC workstation
which is connected to our computer centre at Imperial, via a campus ethernet.
I am getting tired of FTPing stuff onto the DEC machine, then KERMITing it
onto my PC.  What I really want is to be able to FTP stuff onto my hard disk
and to be able to use GOPHER.  Surely someone else has had this problem and
solved it...

< Ramin Nakisa,        She walks in beauty  Tel: 071 589-5111 x 6729       >
< The Blackett Lab,    starry skies and     ramin at bio.ph.ic.ac.uk          >
< London SW7 2BZ.                           mbrcn at dlvh.dl.ac.uk            >