MacVector Thoughts/ Was Re: software for molecular biology

Eric Cabot ecec at quads.uchicago.edu
Fri Aug 7 09:45:24 EST 1992

    You asked for feedback on Mac Vector. Well, I recently
decided that I'd do the Mac Users in our lab a big favor
and look into it as they have no MAC analysis software of their
own and have been unwilling to delve into my collection of freeware/shareware
and inexpensive DOS programs. (Plus the GCG implementation here  is far
too expensive to use on a regular basis.)

  So (to cut to the chase, as it were), I sent for the information packet
and just plain choked on the price (almost $3K for single machine installation).