Recommended seq analysis software

MBRCN at UK.AC.DARESBURY.DLVH MBRCN at UK.AC.DARESBURY.DLVH
Wed Aug 5 11:53:00 EST 1992

Hi!

Our lab is going to set up a microcomputer dedicated to molecular biology.
This would include the following:

*  Sequence Database CD ROM searches

*  Translation, backtranslation, motif searching for peptides, restriction
   site searches for DNA, ORF detection, hydrophobicity analysis of peptides
   alignments and dotplots.

We are trying to decide between PC and Macintosh software.  Our lab technician
is keen on GeneWorks and MacVector, but the people in our lab who actually
DO molecular biology and will use the system are PC users.

Is there software on the PC to do the above, for a comparable price?

< Ramin Nakisa,        She walks in beauty  Tel: 071 589-5111 x 6729       >
< The Blackett Lab,    starry skies and     ramin at bio.ph.ic.ac.uk          >
< London SW7 2BZ.                           mbrcn at dlvh.dl.ac.uk            >