Needed -- an algorithm for depth sorting atoms and bonds

Mathew Kaustinen kaustine at nbrwh42.bnr.ca
Tue Aug 4 11:54:50 EST 1992

In article <1992Aug3.175650.12582 at chpc.utexas.edu> noel at chpc.utexas.edu ((user name unknown)) writes:

>I am writing a program that displays a ball-and-stick model of a molecule.
>I need an *efficient *algorithm which depth sorts the atoms and bonds
>of a molecule.  I have all the necessary positional and connectivity
>information.
>
>References, code fragments, rought outlines will be appreciated.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>--
>Noel Menezes                            Internet: noel at hermes.chpc.utexas.edu
>Research Assistant                      BITNET:   noel at uthermes
>Center for High Performance Computing   Phone:    (512) 471-2447
>Balcones Resarch Center & UT-Austin     Fax:      (512) 471-2445
Hmm... Ball-And-Stick Eh? You could write an small raytracing
program which only uses Spheres and Cylinders and 1 Bounce. - Just a
thought. (May not be efficient enough for you :()
- I am _NOT_ an official spokesperson for Northern Telecom -
--
Mathew A. Kaustinen          |      ESN:   (333) 2066
Field Service Engineering    |      PHONE: 416-452-2066