Needed -- an algorithm for depth sorting atoms and bonds

user name unknown noel at chpc.utexas.edu
Mon Aug 3 12:56:50 EST 1992

I am writing a program that displays a ball-and-stick model of a molecule.
I need an *efficient *algorithm which depth sorts the atoms and bonds
of a molecule.  I have all the necessary positional and connectivity
information.

References, code fragments, rought outlines will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Noel Menezes                            Internet: noel at hermes.chpc.utexas.edu
Research Assistant                      BITNET:   noel at uthermes
Center for High Performance Computing   Phone:    (512) 471-2447
Balcones Resarch Center & UT-Austin     Fax:      (512) 471-2445