Molecular graphics software for Sun system ?

user name unknown noel at
Mon Aug 3 12:17:24 EST 1992

In article <9207311403.AA01738 at> kumar at (Sanjay Kumar) writes:
>Sorry if this is a FAQ....

Yes, this is a FAQ.....but not on this newgroup :).  Refer to the FAQ list on or for a complete list of
molecule viewers.  There is a new section on molecular visualization.

>What software is available for viewing structures
>encoded in PDB files on a SUN Sparcstation?

I assume you mean public-domain software (may be an invalid assumption wrong
considering you have a .com email address).  I highly recommend XMOL 1.3 which
is available by anonymous ftp from

>Thaks in advance.
>Sanjay Kumar
>New England Biolabs
>kumar at

Noel Menezes                            Internet: noel at
Research Assistant                      BITNET:   noel at uthermes
Center for High Performance Computing   Phone:    (512) 471-2447
Balcones Resarch Center & UT-Austin     Fax:      (512) 471-2445