Molecular graphics software for Sun system ?

user name unknown noel at chpc.utexas.edu
Mon Aug 3 12:17:24 EST 1992

In article <9207311403.AA01738 at neb.com> kumar at neb.com (Sanjay Kumar) writes:

>Sorry if this is a FAQ....

Yes, this is a FAQ.....but not on this newgroup :).  Refer to the FAQ list on
comp.graphics or comp.graphics.visualization for a complete list of
molecule viewers.  There is a new section on molecular visualization.

>What software is available for viewing structures
>encoded in PDB files on a SUN Sparcstation?

I assume you mean public-domain software (may be an invalid assumption wrong
considering you have a .com email address).  I highly recommend XMOL 1.3 which
is available by anonymous ftp from ftp.msc.edu

Noel Menezes                            Internet: noel at hermes.chpc.utexas.edu
Research Assistant                      BITNET:   noel at uthermes
Center for High Performance Computing   Phone:    (512) 471-2447
Balcones Resarch Center & UT-Austin     Fax:      (512) 471-2445