Software for calculating pI?

rpgrant at rpgrant at
Fri Dec 4 10:02:38 EST 1992

In article <1992Dec3.145158.6678 at>, mbxfd at writes:
>  Hello,
>    Does anybody know of software to calculate the pI of peptides?

In article <robison1.723400976 at husc10>, robison1 at
>       The GCG program PeptideSort will do this

GCG also has ISOELECTRIC, which draws a rather nice plot of charge against pH,
so you can make an intelligent guess at appropiate pH values to do your ion
exchange (IEX).
	As far as I know, it is not possible to correct for secondary
structure (although I'd love to be proved wrong).

Richard Grant
rpgrant at