WWW (WORLD WIDE WEB)

Bruce Roe broe at aardvark.ucs.uoknor.edu
Thu Feb 13 09:28:00 EST 1992

In article <9202121405.AA10807 at genbank.bio.net>, Rob.Harper at CONVEX.CSC.FI (Rob Harper) writes...

>How do you do these things??? With WAIS I had a definite policy
>of breaking things gently to the biological community. Little bits
>of information at a time. Leading people on so they would become
>interested. In the back of my mind I had also planed to do the same
>for gopher and www... take it easily one step at a time, but it seems
>that there is such a deluge of stuff coming down the grapevine that
>it is obvious something grand is going on in networking.
>
>So rather than have all the info that comes my way slip over the
>blue event horizon, I will post the most interesting stuff to
>bionet.software where it will be stored in the WAIS BIOSCI.SRC
>for future reference. With WWW you can put in hooks into NEWS, ARCHIE,
>gopher and WAIS. Wipe that saliva from your chin!!!

Help!!! I'm trying to keep my head above water and Rob "keeping us informed"
Harper does it again.  ;-)

Good grief!! I just got gopher yesterday and WAIS up a running under
VMS Woolongong TCP/IP a couple of weeks ago and now it's off to figure
out WWW. <and I'm supposed to be a molecular biologist......sigh>

On the more serious side, Thanks to Rob keeping us informed, we are able
to keep our head above the water.  I've ftp'd the WWW stuff and for those
of you with VMS Woolongong TCP/IP, it's not there yet *but* 'twas a note
saying "for info on VMS Woolongong TCP/IP send mail".  I did and will
keep ya'll posted.

Don't we really live in at a neat time.

Cheers..........bruce