Macintosh Compatible Gene Sequence Reader

Jeff Wolman jdw1 at
Tue Feb 4 16:34:25 EST 1992

Hello to all those out in netland!

I work for the Pharmacology dept. of the Washington University Medical School.
Recently, the gene sequence reader that was connected to our VAX has been
sputtering and dying, obviously on its last legs.

I was asked if I knew how to hook this device up to the Mac.  I didn't know,
and I think I really wouldn't want to, since it is getting old.  Therefore, I
am looking to see if there exists a gene sequence reader and software that will
work on a Mac II-series computer (IIsi, IIcx, or IIci specifically).  If it
works by hooking it up to the printer/modem port it would be nice, but if it
needs a card, that's fine too.  I hope someone out there know what I'm talking
about, and can lead me in the right direction.

Please send all follow-ups/replies to jdw1 at, since our news feed
is very flakey and looses messages often.....

Thanks in advance for all of your help, and I would greatly appreciate any help
that I can get.  Thanks again!

|Jeff Wolman   (314)935-4794| The moral of the story is:              |
|   jdw1 at     |     Never underestimate the bandwidth   |
|   jeff at    |     of a station wagon full of magnetic |
|   madhat at  |     tapes hurtling down the highway.    |