Summary of Gel Anal. Progs

whaddara at kean.ucs.mun.ca whaddara at kean.ucs.mun.ca
Thu Jan 30 12:14:36 EST 1992

	Hello everyone,
	I got a lot of responses to my inquiry about Gel Analysis
programs, so a big THANK YOU to all who responded. As has been the
habit on the net, I will sumnmarize the recommendations :

	1. NIH Image : Program by NIH to handle images generated in a
number ways. The Read_me file has been posted recently on the board,
so read it if you wish. It is available by ftp from alw.nih.gov in the
directory pub/image.

	2. Cosmid Map ( COMAP) available from a number of ftp sites,
which have also been posted recently.

	3. JAVA. From Jandel Scientific ( US $1500).

	4. GelReader. This one needs a digitizer.

	That's about it . Thanx again to everyone.

Wael Haddara