NCSA Image crashes after inverting image

Dan Davison davison at menudo.uh.edu
Wed Jan 29 22:49:38 EST 1992

A faculty member in this department is trying to use NCSA image for
some analysis of restriction gels (I guess). He's running it on  a Mac
II, no floating point chip, 3MB.  It will read the image from the
Apple scanner (4 bit , yecch) fine, but the colors are reversed. So,
when they try the Invert function, the machine hangs.

Is there some clean way to invert the image *before* putting it into
NCSA Image or is there an alternative?

Thanks,
dan davison
Houston/4800 Calhoun/Houston,TX 77204-5934/davison at uh.edu/DAVISON at UHOU

"I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who endowed us with sense,
reason, and intellect had intended for us to forgo their use."  --Galileo

myself.