TFD and FileMaker Pro

Robert H. Gross Robert.H.Gross at dartmouth.edu
Thu Jan 2 14:58:24 EST 1992

Hello and happy new year.

I am interested in setting up the Transcription Factor Database at
Dartmouth for use by the approximately 150-200 molecular biology
researchers here. I have downloaded the necessary files (I think:) in
ASCII format along with the associated documentation. Dartmouth has a
site license for the Macintosh relational database application called
FileMaker Pro and I would like to import the ASCII data into FileMaker
Pro.

Has anyone else done this? Can anyone give me some guidance? Are there
other programs specifically created to deal with TFD (on the Mac)? How
does one utilize the "pointer" data?

Any help would be appreciated. If I do end up organizing a FileMaker
PRo database, I will be glad to post it if there is sufficient
interest.

Bob Gross
Dartmouth Biology and Molecular Genetics Center
bob.gross at dartmouth.edu