Medical Archives available via anonymous FTP

Eric Meininger ericm at css.itd.umich.edu
Thu Jul 2 11:22:12 EST 1992

NEW ARCHIVE SECTION AT MAC.ARCHIVE.UMICH.EDU!

The Mac Archives at University of Michigan is pleased to announce a new
collection area for medicine and the health sciences.

Currently, the collection is small - I am gradually adding the contents of
the AMSA public domain software library, but these files are a few years
old. I am seeking any Macintosh programs, utilities, demonstrations, or
computer aided  instruction related to the health sciences. If you have
been developing any  type of Macintosh medical software and would like to
make it available to the rest of the world, send it to us! I believe this
is the only collection of its type, help us to make it the best!

You can use ftp to get to these archives (anonymous login, any password).
There are currently no restrictions, but for load management reasons,
limits  may be imposed in the future. The medical directory is located on
mac.archive.umich.edu (currently 141.211.164.153) in /mac/etc/medical.

If you are using AFS (Andrew File System) you can get to the archive
directory with:
        cd /afs/umich.edu/group/itd/archive/mac/etc/medical

Currently, the medical section of the archives is being maintained by
myself, Eric Meininger (ericm at umich.edu), a medical student attending the
University of Michigan Medical School. If you have any comments or
suggestions, don't hesitate to send a message.

SUBMITTING FILES TO THE MEDICAL SECTION OF THE ARCHIVES

The best way to get files to our archive is to ftp-put them into the
incoming directory, then e-mail ericm at umich.edu and let him
know that you've placed a file.  This way he'll know there are health
science files waiting  within the directory, and also who to contact if
the files don't work "as advertised".

Another way is to e-mail the file to ericm at umich.edu.  It works
just as well.

VIRUSES

Unlike other Internet "Mac" archives, we test each and every one of the
files that appears in our "incoming" directory and in our mailboxes
addressed to mac.archive.  We use the most-up-to-date virus detection
inits and control panels (Disinfectant, Gatekeeper, etc.) to insure that
the files that we add to the archive are not carrying anything that can
harm your Macintosh  and your (and our) work.  We also make these public
domain/shareware virus detection packages available to you as fast as we
receive them in our "utilities/virus" directory.

 * Questions, Problems and comments regarding the medical archive
 * specifically should be sent to ericm at umich.edu. General mac.archive
 * questions should be sent to comments at mac.archive.umich.edu